Garden sprayer is a very essential item for both professional gardeners and people having a passion of maintaining their gardens in perfect conditions. Garden sprayer makes the task of spraying insecticides, pesticides, fertilizers and water on the plants much easier. Sprayers are also very useful for cleaning walls and other surfaces.
Garden sprayers come in a plethora of varieties such as pump powered sprayers, gasoline powered sprayers, hand held sprayers, wheeled sprayers, etc. There are lot of factors to be considered when buying garden sprayers. These include capacity, design, durability, ease of use, performance, type of nozzles, etc.
The online stores have no dearth of garden sprayer varieties of various brands and prices. It is imperative to know about the different types of sprayers on the market to select a suitable one according to your needs.
However, a run through of the best sellers gives a fairly good idea of the type of sprayers receiving high ratings from the customers.
Best Garden Sprayer Reviews 2019
1. Chapin 2000 Garden Sprayer
Chapin 2000 is a highly popular model of garden sprayer and is a bestseller. The tank capacity of this sprayer is 1 gallon. The other features of the tank are as follows.
- The tank is translucent which allows the user to easily view the liquid level in the tank.
- The funnel top of the tank allows easy pouring of chemicals into the tank and prevents accidental spillage.
- The Super Spray anti clog filter prevents clogs in the tank commonly caused by dirt and grass flakes. This ensures that the mist of chemical or water emanating from the nozzle is evenly distributed and steady.
- The shut-off feature of the sprayer allows for long hours of spraying operations. Thus, the potential for spraying is enhanced appreciably due to this feature.
- The nozzle of the sprayer is highly adjustable which allows the user to manipulate the mist pattern easily.
- The size of the hose is 28 inches which allows the sprayer to reach even very hard to reach areas.
2. Field King Professional 190238 Backpack Pump Sprayer
This is a heavy duty garden sprayer with a capacity of 4 gallon. The superior characteristics of the sprayer are as follows.
- Internal pump provides a pressure up to 150 PSI which creates perfect spray patterns.
- The in-built agitator has paddles which efficiently mixes powders, water soluble solutions and chemicals.
- The internal No Leak Pump design does not allow the harsh chemicals to leak from the unit and drip down the back of the user.
- The premium quality viton seals and gaskets provide superior resistance against harsh chemicals used in the sprayer.
- The lockable shut off component of the sprayer has brass components.
- The sprayer comes with 4 types of nozzles. The types of nozzles are an adjustable brass nozzle, one foaming nozzle and two flat fans nozzles.
- Filtration basket present in the sprayer prevents large debris from entering the tank when it is being filled.
- One way valve is designed to prevent spills from the tank when inverted.
3. Roundup 190473 Multipurpose Sprayer
This is a high performance garden sprayer with high customer ratings. The capacity of the sprayer is 1 gallon. The chief features of the sprayer have been mentioned here.
- The internal piston pump provides 150 PSI pressure which enables the sprayer to easily handle small and large spraying tasks.
- The pump scores high on efficiency requiring 25% lesser strokes than other sprayers to spray the liquid.
- Premium shut-off and lock on features helps in continuous spraying.
- The 21 inches wand is durable in nature.
- The premium seals protect against harsh chemicals.
- The nozzle comes equipped with three settings. The three settings are fan, stream and cone spray.
- No leak pump protects the user against harsh chemicals.
- The pump seals can be changed without tools.
- The foldaway pump of the sprayer has been designed for easy storage.
4. Smith Performance R200 Sprayer
R200 is a professional grade sprayer which is suitable for spraying fertilizers, insecticides and weed killers. The various features are as follows.
- The tank capacity is 2 gallons.
- The pump uses 25% lesser strokes per gallon.
- Pressure relief valve serves to dissipate pressure from the tank before opening in order to prevent spraying of chemicals accidentally.
- The in-built filter has larger surface area than filters used in comparable types of sprayers. It reduces clogging more efficiently.
- The 21 inches steel wand has a poly lining which provides superior chemical resistance.
- High quality viton seals provide resistance against chemicals for long periods of time.
- The sprayer comes with many nozzles which include adjustable brass nozzle, foaming nozzle, narrow flat fan nozzle and wide flat fan nozzle.
- Lock on feature reduces manual work.
- Nickel plated brass poppet provides strength and accuracy to the sprays.
5. Tabor Tools N50 Garden Pump Sprayer
N50 is a 1.3 gallon garden pump sprayer which can be used for spraying insecticides, pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides, bleach and mild cleaning solutions. Other features are as follows.
- The translucent polyethylene tank enables easy viewing of the liquid level.
- The tank has a funnel opening on the top which allows for easy filling and cleaning of the tank.
- Continuous spraying operation is enabled due to presence of trigger with lock on option.
- The sprayer has a 50 inches long hose and an adjustable nozzle. The wand length is 16.5 inches.
- The filter prevents clogging.
- Secured seals and O rings are also present in the sprayer.
6. Chapin Euro Style Backpack Sprayer
Euro Style Backpack Sprayer has a 4 gallons tank and has been designed for use in large gardens and other places. The main characteristics of the sprayer have been detailed here.
- The 36 inches long hose of the sprayer allows it to reach hard to reach areas.
- The nozzle is very adjustable and non corrosive in nature.
- Viton seals and gaskets enable the sprayer to be used with bleach and other harsh chemicals.
- The lock on button helps in maintaining a steady spray without putting in much efforts by hand.
- Both manual and automatic pressure relieve valves are present in the sprayer.
- SureSpray anti clog filter provides excellent protection against clogs.
- Translucent tank allows the user to check liquid level.
7. Chapin 26021 XP Pro Series Poly Sprayer
26021 XP is a professional grade garden sprayer by Chapin International. The capacity of the sprayer is 2 litres. It can be used to spray herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers. Other features of the sprayer have been mentioned here.
- The wand length is 21 inches while the reinforced hose is 48 inches in length. Thus, it is suitable for reaching hard to reach areas.
- The sprayer is made of polyplastic which makes it resistant against harsh chemicals.
- The mouth opening is 4 inches in width for easy filling of the tank.
- The design of the sprayer enables 25% more pressure than comparable models.
- The sprayer features viton equipped seals and comfortable grip shut off.
- Auto pressure relief valve is present in the sprayer.
8. CoreGear Classic Spray Bottle
This is a backpack sprayer bottle which is ideal small gardens and indoor plants. The capacity of the sprayer is 1.5 liters.
- Stainless steel pump is used in the sprayer.
- Adjustable brass nozzle which can even send out a 20 foot spray.
- Made of high quality PET plastic which makes it very sturdy.
- It has a carrying strap with belt or bag clip for easy carrying.
- The ergonomically designed grip makes it easy to handle.
- In-built strainer filters the debris present in the liquid.
- The sprayer is leak proof.
9. Rainmaker Pump Sprayer
Rainmaker is a 2 gallon garden sprayer which is suitable for both indoor and outdoor uses. The sprayer can be used for liquid fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides. The various features are as follows.
- Funnel top opening allows for easy filling.
- Shoulder strap frees up the hands.
- The nozzle comes with a plethora of settings which allows the users to adjust the spray settings according to their needs.
- The hose is 4 feet in length.
- The sprayer has an in-built pressure release valve.
- Continuous spraying is possible due to presence of trigger with lock-on option.
- The strong polyethylene material withstands harsh chemicals easily. Translucent nature of the tank allows clear viewing of the liquid level.
10. Solo 456 Professional Garden Sprayer
Solo 456 has a capacity of 2.25 gallons and can be used with insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, weed killers and fertilizers. Other important features have been mentioned here.
- The tank is UV resistant and made of high density polyethylene.
- The unbreakable wand is 28 inches in length while the hose is 4 feet in length.
- Commercial quality shut-off valve is present in the sprayer.
- Lock on/Lock off feature has been included in the sprayer.
- Interchangeable nozzle system of commercial quality is present in the sprayer.
- Pressure relief valve vents pressure when the pressure reaches a maximum of 45 PSI.
- The tank has an opening of 4.25 inches.
- Nylon strap is provided for easy carrying.
All are branded high quality sprayers and must be definitely considered when purchasing garden sprayers.
Garden Sprayer Buying Guide – What To Look For?
Maintaining a garden or a lawn is not something easy, the gardener or the user will have to water them daily for maximum healthy growth and provide the adequate chemical or natural herbicide, pesticide, or insecticide when required. However, without a garden sprayer it will not be an easy task, here is a buying guide that could help you choose the best sprayer from the market today.
Type – A garden sprayer comes in different types based on their overall design and functioning.
- Hose end
The hose end/handheld type garden sprayer is the simplest and cheapest type of garden sprayer available today. This garden sprayer comes with a regular garden sprayer, which is attached to a small jar while using the sprayer the user will have to add concentrated substance to the jar and the user can adjust the amount of substance added to the water through the adjustment option incorporated.
The tank-type garden sprayer is the most commonly used and highly useful garden sprayers available on the market. As the name suggests, this type of garden sprayer has a tank in which the concentrated substance has to be added and then water is added. The user will then have to press a handle to pressurize the tank and which, in turn, will deliver a mixture of concentrated substance and water under high pressure.
Backpack garden sprayer is same as that of the tank-type garden sprayer, but with a slight difference, the whole setup including the tank could be carried on the users back as it is specially designed for this purpose, which simply means the user could move around with the ease.
Weight and easy to moving – When it comes, hose end type garden sprayer it is lightweight and weights comparatively lesser than all the other garden sprayers. On the other hand, if you are preferring to purchase a tank or backpack type garden sprayer then the weight in very important. If the weight of the backpack garden is high, it might cause back fatigue so we recommend that you check the specifications and make sure that the backpack garden sprayer you purchase is lightweight and should not have a capacity more than 5 gallons. In the same way, if you are purchasing a tank garden sprayer and if the capacity of the tank if more than 10 gallons then consider a model with excellent wheels for easy transportation.
Brand – We have seen most people neglect the factor brand when it comes to garden spray, we suggest that you do not neglect the brand; a garden sprayer based on the type comes with different parts. For a tank type and backpack garden sprayers, there are complicated parts that really do matter for its efficient working, especially the piston, the chamber, the valves etc. Generic brands might be cheap but the quality of parts could be too poor to last for a long time, however, if you go for a reputed brand, the garden sprayers come with excellent warranty period and also quality parts. Therefore, if you prefer using a high quality product that could last long, then the brand is a necessary to consider factor.
Type of pump used in tank or backpack garden sprayer – There are two types of pump that could be used in a garden sprayer
Diaphragm – This is the most durable type of garden sprayer pump available on the market today. Best compatible with pumping any type of solution including a solution with wettable powder.
Piston – This type of pump is considered to be the most economical and is designed to deliver the pressure comparatively larger than what delivered by diaphragm type pumps. Best compatible with spraying water soluble products.
Getting a garden sprayer would be easy if you consider the above-mentioned factors, however, let the product come with any technology or from any brand. If you do not pay extra attention to cleaning and storing the product then, there is a higher chance for the sprayer to malfunction and prove inefficient within the least time.
The sprayer requirements differ from people to people. The above best selling sprayers include both domestic and commercial grade garden sprayers.