A garden sprinkler is an essential thing that you need in your garden or lawn to keep the herbs, shrubs, or plants alive and green. I personally bought a garden sprinkler because I prefer keeping my garden neat and alive throughout the year.
However, to be frank, I did not intend to buy a garden sprinkler until it was summer season and my lawn started turning brown. Nevertheless, when I went online in search of a garden sprinkler selecting the product was not, as easy as, I thought it was. I really had confusion on how and which product to purchase from the list of more than 100+ products available.
In the end, I had to spend more than two to study the features I should focus on while purchasing a garden sprinkler. If you are someone like me with absolutely no knowledge on the factors to consider while purchasing a garden sprinkler, then, remember that you should consider a product that comes from reputed brand, with a water spraying capacity that could satisfy your needs, and a feature that allows you to adjust the range of spraying and type of spraying. It is very important that you purchase a product with the maximum warranty period.
Table of Contents
- Best Garden Sprinkler Reviews For 2019
- 1. Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler
- 2. Melnor XT Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler with TwinTouch
- 3. Noodlehead N111C Flexible Lawn & Garden Sprinkler
- 4. Melnor Impact Lawn Sprinkler, Metal Head & Metal Sled
- 5. Gilmour Circle Pattern Spot Sprinkler
- 6. Melnor 3400 sq. ft. Oscillating Sprinkler with Brass Nozzles
- 7. Dramm 15005 ColorStorm Premium Metal Oscillating Sprinkler
- 8. Dramm ColorStorm Turret 9-Pattern Sprinkler
- 9. GrowGreen Garden Sprinkler, 360 Degree Rotating Lawn Sprinkler
- Garden Sprinkler Buying Guide – What To Look For?
Best Garden Sprinkler Reviews For 2019
Based on the above-mentioned factors, here is the list of best garden sprinklers.
1. Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler
This garden sprinkler is the most advanced garden sprinkler that you could get from the market today.
- This product is one of the only products that come with unique day and night detection sensors.
- The sensors incorporated in this product enables the user to set the on time and off time according to the user’s preference
- The product comes incorporated with 120-degree arc motion sensors
- The product has advanced technology incorporated that helps the product to save water and conserve energy
- The product can run 7,500 cycles on just 4-AA alkaline batteries
- The whole product is made of heavy duty metal and the manufacturer has incorporated brass hose connection for enhanced stability and durability
- One of the notable features of this garden sprinkler is that the user could expand the spray zone according to his/her preference
2. Melnor XT Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler with TwinTouch
If you have already been to the market in search of a garden sprinkler then you would know exactly how diverse the products from Melnor are. This product is no different from other Melnor garden sprinklers.
- This product comes incorporated with 20 precision nozzles that enhance the spray coverage up to 4,200 sq.ft
- The product has twin controls that enable the user to adjust the width and the range of watering
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with zoom/flow control adjust feature. The zoom feature allows the user to focus the water in a smaller area and to a wider area as the user prefers
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on this product
- The product comes incorporated with infinity turbo drive that enables smooth product operation.
3. Noodlehead N111C Flexible Lawn & Garden Sprinkler
This garden sprinkler comes in a unique design and is marketed by the brand Noodlehead.
- The whole product comes with a unique design that allows the user to control the area to be covered while spraying
- This product comes with features that allow the user to conserve water by not wasting the water
- The noodle like tube could be pointed towards the preferred area and the water would be sprayed to this area only
- The noodle tubes are flexible and could adapt to any shape or pattern
- This type of garden sprinkler is best recommended for flowerbeds, herb gardens, side yards, and lawns
- One of the best advantages of this sprinkler is that it could be used multiple times as the noodle tubes are flexible, therefore, adjustable
4. Melnor Impact Lawn Sprinkler, Metal Head & Metal Sled
As the garden sprinkler listed above, this product also comes from the top brand Melnor.
- This product comes with an attractive feature that enables the user to adjust the coverage angle from 20-degree to 360-degree
- One of the most important things about this product is that it comes with deflector flaps that enhances the spray area from 45-meters to 85-meters in diameter
- Another notable feature found in this product is that it comes with a diffuser pin that enables to user to set the output water spraying type from gentle mist to powerful jet
- The whole product is made of durable and non-corrosive metal that comes with 7-year warranty
- This product comes with an attractive stand that keeps the whole product intact and offers great stability to the product
5. Gilmour Circle Pattern Spot Sprinkler
This product comes from the brand Gilmour and is one of the simple garden sprinklers available today.
- This product can spray water to a small area only, the manufacturer recommends this product for small rectangular gardens or lawns
- The water is sprayed in a circle pattern to a diameter of 30-feet
- The whole product is made of metal and is guaranteed to last long
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with a feature that allows a product to spray water at high pressure even if the input water pressure is low.
- The manufacturer offers a 3-year warranty on this product.
6. Melnor 3400 sq. ft. Oscillating Sprinkler with Brass Nozzles
Yet another product from the brand Melnor, this product comes in a unique design and allows maximum adjustability of different features.
- This product could spray water to an area almost equal to 3400 sq.ft
- The product comes incorporated with brass spray jets
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with an inbuilt watering gauge and the spray range could be adjusted according to the user’s preference
- The manufacturer offers a 7-year warranty on this product.
- Another notable feature of this garden sprinkler are that it comes with 18-precision brass spray nozzles, which comes exclusive and could not be found in any other products from other brands
7. Dramm 15005 ColorStorm Premium Metal Oscillating Sprinkler
This garden sprinkler comes from the brand Dramm and comes in a blue color.
- This product comes incorporated with a needle plug for easy cleaning
- One of the notable features of this garden sprinkler is that it comes with a adjustable dial that could water in different patterns
- The product also comes with a feature that allows the user to adjust the spray area
- Another notable thing about this product are that it comes incorporated with heavy duty brass nozzles
- The whole product is made with a combination of zinc and brass.
- The manufacturer claims that this garden sprinkler could water an area up to 3,036 sq.ft
8. Dramm ColorStorm Turret 9-Pattern Sprinkler
One of the unique garden sprinklers available today. This product comes with a feature that could stand second to no other sprinklers.
- One of the notable features of this garden sprinkler is that it comes with 9 different water patterns
- This product is best recommended for watering lawn and garden.
- Another notable thing about this garden sprinkler are that it comes in a compact size that makes the best device that could be mounted anywhere without any annoying looks
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty on this product.
- This garden sprinkler was made in China and comes incorporated with heavy duty metal base
- This product comes with a molded hook for convenient storage and display
9. GrowGreen Garden Sprinkler, 360 Degree Rotating Lawn Sprinkler
This product comes from the top brand GrowGreen and is one of the most attractive products available today.
- This garden sprinkler is made of ABS plastic is certified to last for a lifetime without breaking or deforming
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with 360-degree rotation feature
- The product could spray water up to a diameter of 32.8-ft maximum
- Another important thing about this product is that it comes with a design that could deliver water at a pressure of 80 PSI
Garden Sprinkler Buying Guide – What To Look For?
A garden sprinkler is one of the most efficient systems that could keep your garden, lawn well watered at required intervals. When it comes to a garden sprinklers, there are different benefits it offers. Here is a buying guide that could help you pick the best garden sprinkler from the market today.
Type of sprinkler – Today there are six different types of garden sprinklers available on the market, all of these serve the same purpose but the design and functioning of each garden sprinkler are different.
- Oscillating – This type of garden sprinkler could sprinkle the water in a waterfall-like-pattern to a rectangular wide area. One of the greatest advantages of an oscillating garden sprinkler is that it could offer consistent area coverage and offers options to adjust the coverage area. Yet another advantage is that the water is delivered as large water droplets.
- Stationary – This type of garden sprinkler is the simplest and easiest to assemble garden sprinkler available today. As the name suggests, this sprinkler is stationary and it will have a part that rotates inside to sprinkles the water around. However, the coverage is lesser but the sprinkler is designed in such a way that it works even if the water pressure is low.
- Sprinkler hoses – As the name suggests, this type of sprinkler is more of a garden hose than a separate sprinkler unit. The garden hose comes with several numbers of holes so that the water could flow through it, however, this type of sprinkler can be used for localized or irregular shaped lawn or garden watering.
- Impact – An impact sprinkler as the name suggests works based on the impact pressure produced by the water that, in turn, moves the sprinkler arm in a circular pattern sprinkling the water around. One of the notable things about this sprinkler is that it produces a clicking sound. Impact sprinklers could deliver water in such a way that it is wind resistant and could deliver water over a large area.
- Traveling – This type of sprinkler is comparatively expensive than other types of garden sprinklers. To be simple, a travelling garden sprinkler moves around a specific area as assigned to it. This avoids wastage of water and spillage, however, this garden sprinkler will not work if there is no adequate pressure. Yet another disadvantage of this sprinkler is that if anything gets in the way, the sprinkle might stall and flood the entire area.
- Rotary – We feel this is one of the best garden sprinklers available today, the sprinkler will sprinkle water all around and the coverage depends on the water pressure. One of the greatest disadvantages of this type of sprinkler is that it does not come with any adjustment features; the only option is to move the position of the sprinkler whenever you need an adjustment of flow.
Type of coupling – The coupling here refers to the hose end coupling, the end to which the sprinkler unit has to be installed. While purchasing the hose and the sprinkler make sure the knob or the coupling on the sprinkler is slip proof and comes with size could suit the hose. Apart from just the coupling, you should also make sure that the sprinkler that you purchase comes with a washer inside the connector, a strainer to keep the debris and dirt from clogging the strainer.
Brand and warranty – Brand is very important factor that you must consider while purchasing a garden sprinkler, especially if you are purchasing an oscillating, rotating, travelling, impact, or stationary garden sprinklers as they come with complicated parts. Only good brands make sure the parts incorporated into their sprinklers are rust proof and durable. Yet another advantage of purchasing a garden sprinkler from brand is that it would come with a warranty, which simply is a sign of quality.
If you check the above-mentioned buyer’s guide, you would notice that factors such as convenience, coverage area, and adjustability are missing. However, we would like to remind you that these factors offered by each garden sprinkler are mentioned in the types of sprinklers. We recommend that you do not avoid any of the factors mentioned if you are planning to get the best garden sprinkler from the market.
Conclusion – A garden sprinkler is very useful if you are a person who plans to maintain the garden with a consistent beauty even at summer season. If you prefer getting yourself the best garden sprinkler, then consider the products listed above.