Harvesting vegetables and fruits in the backyard are getting common these days and you can easily find that lots of people prefer garden tillers to plant seeds of desired fruits and vegetables. The major reason behind this factor is to grow some pesticides free groceries.
If you visit the nearby grocery store then you can find that fruits, and veggies go are grown using pesticides so that bacteria, virus and leeches can’t affect it. However, pesticides contain some of the harmful chemicals which can cause trouble for human health.
To eradicate this issue and gaining a range of benefits, most of the people started preferring the purchase of garden tillers and doing everything on their own. This thing gives a huge gratification and it is definitely the most reliable choice to have a tasty and organic meal in the dinner.
This method can also help in reducing the cost of expensive veggies and fruits. Despite the personal health, there are many more reasons like having the hobby to grow. Old people who feel free prefer gardening. To get all the benefits, you have to opt for the purchase of a good garden tiller.
If you don’t know that which one is best then we have plenty of reasons which can help to find the right one with ease. Let’s begin with the advantages.
Rent a Tiller or Buy it – What’s the Better Choice?
No doubt that garden tillers are manufactured by many brands and it comes at different price point depending upon the features, built quality, design and working technology. Average Garden tillers come at a price point of $300 to $600 but it can cost up to $1,000 with ease.
It totally depends upon the features and manufacturer. So, the very first question arrives in mind that would you rent it or buy it? Well, it is a pretty hard question to answer. To give the right answer, we can focus on three major factor:-
- Number of Days to Rent a Tiller – It totally depends upon the factor that how much days you will be renting it. Renting a tiller cost $60-$80 for one day. Renting a tiller for a week will cost you $420 to $560 that is definitely a big amount. Even, you can buy your own tiller at such a price point. If you want to use a tiller for a couple hours then renting is a better choice.
- Transportation Cost – Renting a tiller is the primary cost but after that, you have to transport the tiller from the rental shop to the site. This thing can take time and it will make you spend more money on transportation. Such things can make you spend $10 to $20 on transportation only. In case you buy, the product will be shipped to your home just for one charge.
- Hassle – This thing is the part of transportation cost but you have to carry such a huge machine in your truck and take it to home. Even, the same issue will arise when you are returning the product. When you buy, there is maintenance charges and few more stuff to focus on but that issue will not pop up every next day.
From the above mentioned three major factors, it is clear that renting a garden tiller is a bad choice for a long time. If you want to rent it for a couple hours or one day from the close-range rental service provider then there is no issue with the purchase. But, if you want to do the same for a long time then buying it a better alternative.
Best Garden Tillers Reviews For 2019
Plenty of manufacturers coming up with a great design, competitive features, affordable price point and effective working that’s why you may feel confused during the purchase of best one.
This issue isn’t small for people who don’t have a good knowledge about garden tillers that’s why we are mentioning some of the best products on the basis of value to money. Let’s begin –
1. Sun Joe TJ603E 16-Inch 12-Amp Electric Tiller and Cultivator
A good tiller with the cultivator pre-installed can make the work easier and you can grab better deals on such products. Due to this, we are going for Sun Joe TJ603E 16-Inch 12-Amp Electric Tiller and Cultivator because it is a versatile choice.
It met almost every basic requirement of the buyer which can help to get the best use without worrying about a single issue. You can find that total six-tines are there and each one is on the same angle to provide better soil fertilization. Growing plants become easier by following such methods. The key features are-
- Comes with six angled tines to give a perfect tilling experience.
- Versatile choice as if has electric tiller and cultivator in-built.
- There is a folding handle to make it easy to store in your garage.
- The blade speed is fast enough to tile seeds with ease.
Apart from all these factors, you can find that design is the primary factor to consider. Having a foldable and electric tiller can ease up the work. It is also an energy saver option to fulfill the need that’s why you can tile and cultivate with ease.
In order to tile to the exact position, you have to spend some time and get used to the process. Most of the time, people face issues to cultivate with the product. Even, the higher speed of blades can cause debris so you should be gentle during the first use in your garden or farm.
2. Southland SRTT196E Rear Tine Tiller
Our next garden tiller of choice is from Southland and most of the people know how credible this brand is among most of the buyers. You can easily prefer southland due to their incredible built quality, great design and easy to use functionality.
Having a gas-powered garden tiller is a great choice because you don’t have to worry about looking at the nearest power outlet. Just turn on the engine and you are ready to go. It is a 196cc engine with enough torque to do lots of work in just a couple of minutes. The additional features are –
- It comes with the rear tine tiller process for better results.
- There are 11 inches deep tine to plant seeds at the perfect depth.
- It has a convenient gear driven system to make the work easier.
- You can also use the depth regulator lever to get accuracy.
Apart from it, the credit behind impressive working Is all about such large design. Electric ones are also good but they can take more time and they don’t have this much power. With this tiller, you get lots of power, torque and thrust that the work becomes easier.
In order to get the best results, you can focus on the use of this product and gain a huge number of advantages. The only issue with an engine drove tine tiller is that it consumes fuel which cost more than electricity.
3. Mantis 7225-15-02 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Tiller
In order to avail a pocket-friendly pocket which can fulfill your need and offer impressive results then you can get started with the use of Mantis 7225-15-02 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Tiller. This is a gas powered tiller which is design to provide effective garden tilling experience.
Having a cultivator in addition to the tiller can help you get the versatile use and the same goes with this one. You can find that there is a commercial grade engine used which is based on two cylinder power. It has huge power, and you can get great reliability with the use of this one over others.
- Comes with the utilize push button to turn on the tiller.
- The width of the tiller is 9 inches which makes it compact and easy to store.
- Equipped with a two-cylinder engine for the perfect use.
- Design is lightweight for the easier use and doesn’t worry about power.
This cultivator has a kickstand and you get adjustable handles to use with ease. One of the best thing about this tiller is effective in working for the price. It comes at way low price point as compared to the other ones.
The only issue most of the people have with this product is about availability and fewer issues with after sale services. Due to this reason, you may opt for others. During the purchase, consider this choice and if not available then go with others.
4. Sun Joe TJ600E Tiller Joe Garden 14-Inch 6.5-amp Electric Tiller
No doubt that Sun Joe is one of the most reliable brands in term of great quality, impressive after sale services and effective working. If you want to grab a good deal without having any trouble with the price point then try out this product over any other.
Some people consider it overpriced for the features but if you look at our top pick and then consider its price, then you won’t be able to find a single issue about this product. Great design is always appreciated among everyone that’s why you can also prefer it over others.
- Electric tiller with effective energy saving design
- Comes with one year of warranty from the date of purchase.
- Designed with perfection to offer more stability
- Lightweight but powerful motors for effective working.
Coming to the pros, we found plenty of reasons to love this product. Our top reason is that it comes with two years consumer warranty which means you don’t have to worry about getting it damaged with a mistake. You will be getting the best for the money you spent.
As it is a product with an affordable price point, you can find four steel tiling blade which is highly durable and effective to get in the soil. There is no need for gas or oil when you can tune up and make the whole work effortless.
5. Green Works 27072 8 Amp 10-Inch Corded Tiller
Having an environment-friendly product is one of the necessary things and you can find that GreenWorks offer one of the best in all kind. They are offering the best-built quality, great design, and effective working that’s why you can find it as the better choice.
With the electric engine, you can expect lower cost on stuff like fuel. Electricity is a cheaper choice but the only issue is, it is one of the corded tillers which mean that you have a limitation. Using a corded tiller is typical for medium and big sized gardens.
- Electric motors to provide enough torque instantly.
- Push button start makes it easy to use and without making any effort.
- You get adjustability feature for width and depth of the tiller tines.
- Handles are easy to fold which make it way more compact to store.
When it comes to the purchase of an electric corded tiller, most of the people have an issue with torque and power. For the price, it is offering good power capacity and it can easily fulfill the need. But, it seems a bit slower.
For small gardens, yards and farms, it fulfills the need. But, as the size increase, it can exhaust the user and having a limited length of cord can set you in trouble. Even having a lightweight design can cause trouble to apply pressure perfectly.
6. Earthwise TC70001 11-inch 8.5-Amp Corded Electric Tiller/Cultivator
The very next choice in our list is from Earthwise. It is also an electric corded tiller with 8.5Amp power. To let you ease up the work during its use, you can find plenty of tweaks like bit heavy design so that you don’t have to apply too much pressure.
The built quality seems sturdy and it has an affordable price which makes it a perfect deal for the first-time buyers. Coming to the tines, you can find steel tines which are highly durable for long-term use.
- Comes with a powerful 8.5 Amp motor for the effective tinning experience.
- Tines are made up of steel to provide intense durability on the long run.
- The motor is powerful enough to give the optimum result in a garden tinning.
- You get a soft ergonomic grip to use the garden tiller without any trouble.
Apart from these, the built quality is absolutely the best one making it the perfect choice for most of the people. If you want the great support from the manufacturer then this brand is good to go for because they have impressive after sale services.
In the case of having an issue, the warranty from the manufacturer will keep you safe from unwanted expenses to get the product repaired. There are five different variants available offering different power.
7. BLACK+DECKER LGC120 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Garden Tiller
With the cordless garden tiller, it becomes easy to get the best out of it. You can have the advantage of dual tine to break up the soil with ease and it allows serving more water and nutrients with ease than others.
In order to get the finest experience, we will suggest going with the battery version to save money. Getting the garden tiller and buying batteries from a third-party provider can make you spend more money on it.
- Designed with perfection to offer intense power from such a small battery.
- Two cutting tines to provide water and nutrients to the soil with convenience.
- Backed by two years of warranty on tiller, batteries and accessories.
- A single charge can help to cultivate 325 square feet in no time.
Having a small battery may feel like a bad choice but if you consider the price then there is no way to criticize this product. The built quality is great. Working capacity is somewhat reliable and the design is cool also.
With the lower capacity, you get some of the issues like as the ability to cultivate 325 square feet only. As the battery’s juice go low, you have to charge it or use an alternative battery that you have been charging this time.
8. TrimmerPlus GC720 Garden Cultivator and Tiller
For the affordable price point and effective working, this is a man-powered garden tiller that you can use without any issue. By pressing hard, the tiller once and then pushing in the forward direction will give you perfect garden tilling.
Among all other design, you are getting electric and gas-powered tillers but this one is totally different. It is also costly as you look at the price by comparing to all the features. There are so many things missing in it.
- Man-powered tiller with sharp tines to give perfect tilling.
- Four steel blades which are highly durable for a long time.
- Easily adjust the tilling width and use the tiller wherever you want.
- Doesn’t cost a single penny on fuel or electricity.
- Comes with two years of limited warranty on steel tines.
Everything is great about this product. You can find that the chances of failure are very low which makes it one of the perfect choices in all kind. POLY-GUARD doesn’t let dirt and dust hop on the operator.
Design is surely the best but it is a perfect choice if you have enough strength and guts to use such a product. It is totally exhausting and you may not get the work done if you feel tired during the use of this tiller.
9. Schiller Grounds Care Mantis 7940 4-Cycle Tiller
The effective working and higher power is the necessity to get the work done in the nick of time. With the purchase of Schiller Grounds Care Mantis 7940 4-Cycle Tiller, you get lots of torque and it is easy to tile in a large field. It has a large tank to work perfectly in large fields.
Surely this is not made for gardens only due to an expensive price point. Due to this reason, you can rethink about it. Design is absolutely great and it has a four-cylinder engine which can provide intense power which is highly reliable.
- It has a 4-Cylinder engine to provide enough torque.
- Tines made up of steel gives the perfect durability for this product.
- Reliable thing is with the weight because weight only 24 pounds.
- Having a speed of 240 RPM gives better working capacity.
- Comes with a handy kickstand to keep it stable and ready to use.
Apart from all the above-mentioned factors, you can find that there is the unique and curvy shape of tiles for the perfect use. Having the curve shapes of tines gives you perfect working and this product can get into tight spaces with ease which makes the work highly reliable.
As stability is a primary factor among most of the tillers, you can expect it due to the proper weight balancing on this product. The ability to fold makes it easy to transport and you can store the product with ease.
10. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools TC70105S Corded Tiller
The last product of choice for this list is from Scotts. In order to come up with this list, we decided to go with affordable budgets that’s why all the selection cost near $100 expect few. This one is a new product and it comes into our budget.
Corded tiller with steel blades and the adjustability features make it perfect for most of the buyers. It may cost a little bit extra for the features but you get a safe use and this product comes with 10.5 Amp of power for long use.
- Gets enough power and torque due to 10.5 Amp motors.
- There is a flip down walking wheel to use the tiller with ease.
- Adjustability feature let you adjust the height and other factors.
- You can bail wire with the start and store button in the go.
- Backed by the manufacturer on any electric fault with motor and accessories.
Design wise, there is no way we can criticize this product in any manner. The built quality is great and getting adjustable steel tines to ensure safe use. the manufacturer is also offering you a warranty on the purchase of this product.
Coming to the working technology, you get more than 200 RPM on this product and it is eco-friendly also. One more great factor about electric tillers are cheaper in term of maintenance. However, we kept this product on last because there are very fewer reviews to give an opinion about this product.
How to Choose the Best Garden Tillers?
When it comes to the selection of a reliable garden tiller, being selective in approach is necessary to grab the best deals. There are plenty of manufacturers and if you want the best one then focus on below-mentioned factors –
Consider the Types
There are total of three types available in the garden tillers world. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages. Let’s have a look at each one’s advantage to learn why to choose them –
- Gas-Powered Garden Tillers – No doubt that gas-powered garden tillers are effective in term of power and they can offer great performance. They are a bit heavy but it helps with stability. The only major issue is a higher consumption of fuel and gas is expensive as compared to electricity.
- Corded Electric Garden Tillers – Among this type, you have a long wire to reach the nearby electric socket. It is packed with sufficient power, maybe lower than gas-powered tillers but you can get the work done with ease. The major issue is a limitation due to the length of the wire.
- Cordless Battery Powered Garden Tillers – As there is a battery to offer the required power, you get portability and no limit with the land area. These are less powerful but effective. One more issue is the battery capacity of one hour and nearby. The cost is also high among this type.
Power and Reviews
It is necessary that you know what is the exact need for a garden tiller. For effective garden tilling experience, you should go with optimum power supply products. To ensure the perfect purchase, considering reviews can help and make you take decision with ease. Checking rating can cause an illusion in mind that’s why go to reviews and read a few of them.
Decide Your Budget
Budget is the last factor and if you have a small garden keeping a low budget won’t be a big deal. Even, you can think about renting garden tillers in such cases. For normal size garden, you should go with battery powered tillers due to the compact design and portability. These factors will let you find the perfect one with ease.
It is sure that there are plenty of brands out there to offer impressive built quality and great design. To end the confusion, always go for reputed brands and look after the warranty on electric garden tillers for the safer side.
You don’t have to worry about damaging the product or something else when the warranty got you covered in most of the cases.
Table of Contents
- Best Garden Tillers Reviews For 2019
- 1. Sun Joe TJ603E 16-Inch 12-Amp Electric Tiller and Cultivator
- 2. Southland SRTT196E Rear Tine Tiller
- 3. Mantis 7225-15-02 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Tiller
- 4. Sun Joe TJ600E Tiller Joe Garden 14-Inch 6.5-amp Electric Tiller
- 5. Green Works 27072 8 Amp 10-Inch Corded Tiller
- 6. Earthwise TC70001 11-inch 8.5-Amp Corded Electric Tiller/Cultivator
- 7. BLACK+DECKER LGC120 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Garden Tiller
- 8. TrimmerPlus GC720 Garden Cultivator and Tiller
- 9. Schiller Grounds Care Mantis 7940 4-Cycle Tiller
- 10. Scotts Outdoor Power Tools TC70105S Corded Tiller
- How to Choose the Best Garden Tillers?