Most of the people would like to keep their garden or lawn clean. Isn’t it? Yes: to be frank, I prefer to keep my garden clean and this is why I purchased a leaf rake. The product I bought was simple and came at a reasonable price. However, I had to switch the product as it had a few limitations.
Here are some of the advantages of using a leaf rake
- Using a leaf rake makes cleaning easier
- Purchasing a leaf rake is a onetime investment
- Using a leaf rake could help you get rid of back pain
- A leaf rake would allow you to avoid using broomsticks
- Using a leaf rake would allow the user to remove dead leaves, broken branches, flowers, seeds etc
- A leaf rake would allow the user clean comparatively more area than any other equipment would allow him/her to do
With these things being told, you should consider buying a leaf rake made of durable and rust proof material, in the same way, you should consider purchasing a leaf rake with adequate head width and handle length.
So, I would best recommend that you check the product description clearly and then purchase the product.
Table of Contents
- Product Review for Garden Leaf Rake
- Best Garden Leaf Rake Reviews For 2019
- 1. Gardenite 63-Inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake
- 2. Root Assassin RAKE Assassin Tools leaf rake
- 3. BLACK+DECKER Steel Fan Rake BD1537
- 4. Telescopic Rake Folding Rake Garden Rake Heavy Duty Foldable Rake
- 5. Toysmith 27-Inch Kid’s Metal Leaf Rake with Hardwood Handle
- 6. MLTOOLS Leaf Rake | 64-inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake R8236
- 7. Garden GrabX GGX001 Super Lightweight Leaf Grabber
- 8. Flexrake 1F Flex-Steel Lawn Rake Head Only
- 9. Spielstabil Sturdy Leaf Rake (Made in Germany) for Ages 2 and Up
- 10. The Groundskeeper II Rake, 21-inches Wide, 55-inch Fiberglass Handle
- Leaf Rake Buying Guide – What To Look For?
Product Review for Garden Leaf Rake
Best Garden Leaf Rake Reviews For 2019
1. Gardenite 63-Inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake
This leaf rake comes from the brand Gardenite and is one of the top and best selling leaf rakes available today
- This product as the name suggests this product is 63-inches long and the head could be expanded from 7-inches to 22-Inches
- The head adjustability feature in this product is designed to expand 7-inches for tight areas and more than 7-inches up to 22-inches based on the type of area you are using the rake
- The handles in this product is zinc coated to prevent rusting
- The whole product is lightweight and is easy to use, however, the manufacturer does not recommend this product for heavy duty functions
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with a feature that allows the user to collapse the head of the product, therefore, allowing the user to store the product easily
- This product comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee
- 63 Inches Long. Similar rakes on Amazon are only 48 inches long. The adjustable head expands From 7 Inches to 22 Inches
- 15 Flat Tine Expandable Head. Adjust the rake width to a tiny 7 inchs for tight areas. This rake is designed to go in smaller areas that are difficult for conventional rakes. Expands to a full 22 inches.
- 3/4 Inch Zinc Plated Steel Handle that is zinc coated to prevent rust.
2. Root Assassin RAKE Assassin Tools leaf rake
This leaf rake comes from the brand Root Assassin and is one of the most durable leaf rakes available today
- The key feature of this leaf rake is its durability itself, this product could be used for any heavy duty functioning and could be used with ease
- While other leaf rakes would deform or get stuck while using it, this product could help you continue functioning with ease
- This product comes with sturdy handles that is durable, lightweight, and powder coated aluminum and comes with plastic D-handles.
- The manufacturer guarantees that this product won’t rust or deform under any normal circumstances
- This rake is designed in such a way that you could scoop the dirt and waste in such a way that the rake would get converted into a shovel
- This product could be connected to two poles by simply clicking and easily inserting the screws
- NOT AN ORDINARY GARDEN TOOL - Most rakes on the market scoop small amounts of leaves, but often bend and break under pressure. This causes back problems and wastes your precious time on projects that should be quick and easy. Switch to our Rake Assassin, and you'll see an astounding difference during your outdoor projects. It's perfect for men and women.
- STURDY HANDLE - Most rake handles dig into your hands, whether they are plastic or wood. Our expertly-designed rake handle is durable and made of heavy-duty, lightweight, powder-coated aluminum with a plastic D-handle. It isn't prone to chipping and rusting like your average metal rake handle. It's 58" long and weighs just 1.75 lbs. And the 2-piece aluminum pole makes transport and storage easy.
- WORK WITH EASE - No matter what outdoor task you have to accomplish with your Rake Assassin, it will do the job in half the time it would take with an ordinary rake. Whether you are removing grass, leaves, tree waste, pruning clippings, fallen fruit, or moss, your Rake Assassin will be your yard's new best friend. It can skim your swimming pool better than most nets and has shoveling capabilities.
3. BLACK+DECKER Steel Fan Rake BD1537
Black+Decker might be a name you would be familiar with, as it is one of the best brands that markets electronic products, kitchen appliances etc.
- This product is made of stainless steel and is one of the durable product available
- Even though, this product is made out of stainless steel it comes powder coated to prevent rusting
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with soft grip handles, however, this product does not have long handles attached to the head, which makes it irrelevant choice for people with a back ache
- The manufacturer offers a 3-years warranty on this product.
- The head width of this product is 5-Inches and is best recommended for both heavy and soft works
- Steel Fan rake
- Powder coat finish
- Moulded soft grip handle
4. Telescopic Rake Folding Rake Garden Rake Heavy Duty Foldable Rake
This leaf rake is one of the most durable and adjustable rakes available today. The features incorporated in this leaf rack are unmatchable.
- This product comes in a new and improved heavy duty design
- The manufacturer has incorporated metal release and locking switch
- The whole product is made of high-grade steel that is designed to withstand heavy duty work
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with rubberized handles that could provide excellent grip while using the product
- Another notable thing about this product is that the rake teeth could be extended from 7.5-Inches to 19.5-Inches in width
- This leaf rake if collapsed would have a length 32-Inches and if extended would have 62-Inches
- ADJUSTABLE RAKE - This excellent all purpose rake adjusts in two ways. The fan head adjusts with an easy movement and the handle telescopes quickly easily. It telescopes from 37 inches to 68 inches for all your raking needs. Also, the tough steel tines adjust from 7.5 inches to 21.75 inches wide.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL - Great for working under hedges and in flower beds. It's the versatility of this rake that makes it such a find. Besides the usual uses for a garden rake, the smaller head allows you to rake in between perennials and not damage the plants. It also is ideal for raking out debris from window wells, under hard to get at places or in the middle of dense flower beds.
- HIGH-QUALITY - The rake is made from aluminum alloy so it is both strong and lightweight - a bonus when there are a lot of heavy leaves to lift up. Also, with the adjustable fan, it folds to a tighter profile so that it is less apt to be damaged while being stored between raking jobs.
5. Toysmith 27-Inch Kid’s Metal Leaf Rake with Hardwood Handle
This product unlike any other leaf rakes mentioned above is specially designed for kids use. You might find it surprising to find this product on this list, yes, it might be, but people prefer getting their kids a leaf rake so that the kids could help them with the work.
- This product is best recommended for children’s above an age of 5-years
- This rake comes in a total length of 27-Inches and has the right size for children and people with small height
- The whole product looks exciting and could tempt small kids to use the product, therefore, help their parents
- Even though this product is designed for kids use, it could be used for both heavy and soft sweeping works.
- This fully-functional child-sized rake is perfect for helping Mommy or Daddy around the yard.
- The rake measures 27-inches in length, just the right size for young helpers.
- A loop at the end of the handle allows the rake to be hung from a peg when not in use for easy storage.
6. MLTOOLS Leaf Rake | 64-inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake R8236
This leaf rake comes from the top brand Miltools, this product comes with long handles and long head for better cleaning efficiency
- This product comes with flat tine adjustable rake
- One of the notable things about this product is that the width could be expanded from 7.5-Inches to a maximum of 24-Inches
- Another important thing about this product is that it comes with a tubular handle that is incorporated with adjusting lever and plastic grips to make the functioning easy
- The user could change the length of the product from any length between 31-Inches and 64-Inches
- The manufacturer offers a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on this product
- 15 Flat Tine Adjustable Rake with Extendable Handle
- The Rake Can Expand From 7-1/2 inch to 24 inch Full size
- Tubular Handle with Adjusting Lever & Plastic Grips
7. Garden GrabX GGX001 Super Lightweight Leaf Grabber
This leaf rake is one of the top light weighed rakes available today. Yes, the weight of the leaf rake really matters if it is a heavy duty cleaning
- This product is guaranteed to be durable and sturdy, therefore, could be used for heavy duty and does not deform at use.
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with a shape that helps you pull the dirt and leaves towards you. In a way, this product acts like a shovel.
- The head is made of plastic and the handles are made of high-quality aluminum.
- A lightweight back-saving garden pick up tool
- Grabs piles of leaves; pine needles and garden clippings with ease
- Absolutely NO BENDING; pulling or awkward lifting required
8. Flexrake 1F Flex-Steel Lawn Rake Head Only
This leaf rake comes from the brand Flexrake and is one of the top-selling leaf rakes available today.
- This product comes with a 19-Inch wide head.
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with 25 wide extra wide curved tines.
- The head incorporated in this leaf rake could be replaced with the new head if required.
- Flex rake Flex-Steel Lawn Rake Head (Head Only) Display 19in To create the healthiest environment for your lawn, your grass and soil need to breathe and receive water
- Regular lawn raking will remove thatch and grass clippings that deprive your soil of oxygen and water
- This is a 19 inch American steel rake replacement head
9. Spielstabil Sturdy Leaf Rake (Made in Germany) for Ages 2 and Up
This product comes from the brand Spielstabil and is one of the most attractive leaf rakes available.
- This attractive lead rake is made in Germany and comes with 10-year guarantee.
- One of the notable things about this product is that it is PVC free, BPA free, and Phthlate free.
- This product is studier and durable and so, this leaf rake could be used for heavy duty and soft duty.
- The length of this leaf rake is almost equal to 30-Inches, however, the length of this leaf rake could not be reduced under any circumstances.
- The minute you pick up this rake, you will notice the difference: heavier, sturdier, more substantial.
- Measures about 30". Made in Germany and backed with a 10 year guarantee! Perfect for 2+
- Spielstabil Products are manufactured in Germany and are colorfast, PVC free, Phthlate free and BPA Free.
10. The Groundskeeper II Rake, 21-inches Wide, 55-inch Fiberglass Handle
This product comes from the brand Groundskeeper and comes with a unique design
- Unlike any other product, this leaf rake comes with wire tines that could help you perform the cleaning function easily
- The whole product comes with a maximum length of 55-Inches
- The product comes with a maximum head size of 21-Inches and the tines come with a length 6-Inches
- This product comes with a fiberglass handle and the whole product is lightweight
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with a head made of copolymer that has high strength and hence, cannot be broken or deformed easily
- The wire tines are hard enough to keep their shape, but the loop "spring" at the top of them offers flexibilty
- Use to spread mulch and fine rock, de-thatch small grassy areas, rake leaves, groom sand traps
- Poly Rake Head: 21-inches wide, tines are 6-inches long
Leaf Rake Buying Guide – What To Look For?
Removing the leaves from a lawn or garden is not that easy especially if the leaves are too small and if they have already started rotten. A leaf rake is something most of the people who love to keep the garden or lawn clean prefer having, here are some factors considering which you could get the best suitable leaf rake from the market today.
Rake handle material – A leaf rake could come from a different brand and in different sizes; however, selecting a leaf rake based on these features is entirely up to the customer’s personal preference. Nevertheless, there is something you should remember, as we know, a leaf rake is used to remove leaves from the ground with ease. If the quantity of leaves is large and if the leaves are water clogged the pressure applied to remove the leaves all together is high. Therefore, the handles incorporated should be of excellent quality and strength, we recommend that you consider purchasing a leaf rake that comes with metal handles, however, if you are not looking for a heavy duty leaf rake you could consider plastic handles instead.
Width of the rake head – A leaf rake serves the purpose of removing fallen leaves, stems, branches etc. When considered to other types of rakes a leaf rake is an intermediate heavy-duty rake that could easily remove the water clogged leaves and a large quantity of leaves. However, most of the people consider purchasing a leaf rake with a wider head; we recommend not doing this. A wider rake (28 to 32) inch could enable you to complete the task soon but the strain it will put on your body is not negligible. On the other hand, purchasing a rake with a too narrow head (7-15) inches will make the job longer and annoying especially if a large area is to be cleaned. Therefore, it is best recommended that you purchase a leaf rake with a width between 24-27 inches.
Distance between the tines – It would be a waste of time to explain how a leaf rake functions and how it enables the user to remove leaves. Nevertheless, it is important to know that the distance between the tines is very important as it defines the characteristics of the leaf rake. If the tines are too close and if you are using it in a lawn, it could easily uproot the plants, if the tines are wider and if the leaves are smaller, then the leaf rake could prove a waste. On the other hand, if you have a clear idea of the size of the leaves you need to move and then based on this fact purchase a leaf rake with an appropriate gap between the tines.
Overall length of the leaf rake – Leaf rakes on the market today come with different dimensions, each dimension of a leaf rake has o be considered if you need a good cleaning experience. If the leaf rake you purchase is too short or medium length, then using the leaf rake could put a lot of strain on your back. However, we recommend that you consider purchasing a leaf rake of an appropriate length, the appropriate length here refers to the length that enables the user to stand straight and use the leaf rake, which, in turn, gives only a negligible strain on his/her back (spine).
Grip – Majority of the people avoid this factor while purchasing a leaf rake, one of the main reasons is because they do not find it important. However, later regret it, yes the grips on the leaf rake handle is important unless you are planning on wearing gloves while using the rake. Not all leaf rakes come with grips on their handles, a grip on the handle could provide you more comfort and prevent blisters on your hand. Therefore, always consider purchasing a leaf rake that comes with grips on the handle or padded handles.
If you select the appropriate leaf rake from the market, the cleaning could be an easy task and the factors above will help you get the best. However, always remember, while using the leaf rake, take short breaks in between stretch your arms to avoid fatigue or cramps.
Cleaning a garden or a lawn is very important, consider purchasing a leaf rake and make your cleaning work easy.