Most of the people would like to keep their garden or lawn clean. Isn’t it? Yes: to be frank, I prefer to keep my garden clean and this is why I purchased a leaf rake. The product I bought was simple and came at a reasonable price. However, I had to switch the product as it had a few limitations.
Here are some of the advantages of using a leaf rake
- Using a leaf rake makes cleaning easier
- Purchasing a leaf rake is a onetime investment
- Using a leaf rake could help you get rid of back pain
- A leaf rake would allow you to avoid using broomsticks
- Using a leaf rake would allow the user to remove dead leaves, broken branches, flowers, seeds etc
- A leaf rake would allow the user clean comparatively more area than any other equipment would allow him/her to do
With these things being told, you should consider buying a leaf rake made of durable and rust proof material, in the same way, you should consider purchasing a leaf rake with adequate head width and handle length.
So, I would best recommend that you check the product description clearly and then purchase the product.
Table of Contents
- Best Garden Leaf Rake Reviews For 2019
- 1. Gardenite 63-Inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake
- 2. Root Assassin RAKE Assassin Tools leaf rake
- 3. BLACK+DECKER Steel Fan Rake BD1537
- 4. Telescopic Rake Folding Rake Garden Rake Heavy Duty Foldable Rake
- 5. Toysmith 27-Inch Kid’s Metal Leaf Rake with Hardwood Handle
- 6. MLTOOLS Leaf Rake | 64-inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake R8236
- 7. Garden GrabX GGX001 Super Lightweight Leaf Grabber
- 8. Flexrake 1F Flex-Steel Lawn Rake Head Only
- 9. Spielstabil Sturdy Leaf Rake (Made in Germany) for Ages 2 and Up
- 10. The Groundskeeper II Rake, 21-inches Wide, 55-inch Fiberglass Handle
- Leaf Rake Buying Guide – What To Look For?
Best Garden Leaf Rake Reviews For 2019
1. Gardenite 63-Inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake
This leaf rake comes from the brand Gardenite and is one of the top and best selling leaf rakes available today
- This product as the name suggests this product is 63-inches long and the head could be expanded from 7-inches to 22-Inches
- The head adjustability feature in this product is designed to expand 7-inches for tight areas and more than 7-inches up to 22-inches based on the type of area you are using the rake
- The handles in this product is zinc coated to prevent rusting
- The whole product is lightweight and is easy to use, however, the manufacturer does not recommend this product for heavy duty functions
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with a feature that allows the user to collapse the head of the product, therefore, allowing the user to store the product easily
- This product comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee
2. Root Assassin RAKE Assassin Tools leaf rake
This leaf rake comes from the brand Root Assassin and is one of the most durable leaf rakes available today
- The key feature of this leaf rake is its durability itself, this product could be used for any heavy duty functioning and could be used with ease
- While other leaf rakes would deform or get stuck while using it, this product could help you continue functioning with ease
- This product comes with sturdy handles that is durable, lightweight, and powder coated aluminum and comes with plastic D-handles.
- The manufacturer guarantees that this product won’t rust or deform under any normal circumstances
- This rake is designed in such a way that you could scoop the dirt and waste in such a way that the rake would get converted into a shovel
- This product could be connected to two poles by simply clicking and easily inserting the screws
3. BLACK+DECKER Steel Fan Rake BD1537
Black+Decker might be a name you would be familiar with, as it is one of the best brands that markets electronic products, kitchen appliances etc.
- This product is made of stainless steel and is one of the durable product available
- Even though, this product is made out of stainless steel it comes powder coated to prevent rusting
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with soft grip handles, however, this product does not have long handles attached to the head, which makes it irrelevant choice for people with a back ache
- The manufacturer offers a 3-years warranty on this product.
- The head width of this product is 5-Inches and is best recommended for both heavy and soft works
4. Telescopic Rake Folding Rake Garden Rake Heavy Duty Foldable Rake
This leaf rake is one of the most durable and adjustable rakes available today. The features incorporated in this leaf rack are unmatchable.
- This product comes in a new and improved heavy duty design
- The manufacturer has incorporated metal release and locking switch
- The whole product is made of high-grade steel that is designed to withstand heavy duty work
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with rubberized handles that could provide excellent grip while using the product
- Another notable thing about this product is that the rake teeth could be extended from 7.5-Inches to 19.5-Inches in width
- This leaf rake if collapsed would have a length 32-Inches and if extended would have 62-Inches
5. Toysmith 27-Inch Kid’s Metal Leaf Rake with Hardwood Handle
This product unlike any other leaf rakes mentioned above is specially designed for kids use. You might find it surprising to find this product on this list, yes, it might be, but people prefer getting their kids a leaf rake so that the kids could help them with the work.
- This product is best recommended for children’s above an age of 5-years
- This rake comes in a total length of 27-Inches and has the right size for children and people with small height
- The whole product looks exciting and could tempt small kids to use the product, therefore, help their parents
- Even though this product is designed for kids use, it could be used for both heavy and soft sweeping works.
6. MLTOOLS Leaf Rake | 64-inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake R8236
This leaf rake comes from the top brand Miltools, this product comes with long handles and long head for better cleaning efficiency
- This product comes with flat tine adjustable rake
- One of the notable things about this product is that the width could be expanded from 7.5-Inches to a maximum of 24-Inches
- Another important thing about this product is that it comes with a tubular handle that is incorporated with adjusting lever and plastic grips to make the functioning easy
- The user could change the length of the product from any length between 31-Inches and 64-Inches
- The manufacturer offers a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee on this product
7. Garden GrabX GGX001 Super Lightweight Leaf Grabber
This leaf rake is one of the top light weighed rakes available today. Yes, the weight of the leaf rake really matters if it is a heavy duty cleaning
- This product is guaranteed to be durable and sturdy, therefore, could be used for heavy duty and does not deform at use.
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with a shape that helps you pull the dirt and leaves towards you. In a way, this product acts like a shovel.
- The head is made of plastic and the handles are made of high-quality aluminum.
8. Flexrake 1F Flex-Steel Lawn Rake Head Only
This leaf rake comes from the brand Flexrake and is one of the top-selling leaf rakes available today.
- This product comes with a 19-Inch wide head.
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with 25 wide extra wide curved tines.
- The head incorporated in this leaf rake could be replaced with the new head if required.
9. Spielstabil Sturdy Leaf Rake (Made in Germany) for Ages 2 and Up
This product comes from the brand Spielstabil and is one of the most attractive leaf rakes available.
- This attractive lead rake is made in Germany and comes with 10-year guarantee.
- One of the notable things about this product is that it is PVC free, BPA free, and Phthlate free.
- This product is studier and durable and so, this leaf rake could be used for heavy duty and soft duty.
- The length of this leaf rake is almost equal to 30-Inches, however, the length of this leaf rake could not be reduced under any circumstances.
10. The Groundskeeper II Rake, 21-inches Wide, 55-inch Fiberglass Handle
This product comes from the brand Groundskeeper and comes with a unique design
- Unlike any other product, this leaf rake comes with wire tines that could help you perform the cleaning function easily
- The whole product comes with a maximum length of 55-Inches
- The product comes with a maximum head size of 21-Inches and the tines come with a length 6-Inches
- This product comes with a fiberglass handle and the whole product is lightweight
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes with a head made of copolymer that has high strength and hence, cannot be broken or deformed easily
Leaf Rake Buying Guide – What To Look For?
Removing the leaves from a lawn or garden is not that easy especially if the leaves are too small and if they have already started rotten. A leaf rake is something most of the people who love to keep the garden or lawn clean prefer having, here are some factors considering which you could get the best suitable leaf rake from the market today.
Rake handle material – A leaf rake could come from a different brand and in different sizes; however, selecting a leaf rake based on these features is entirely up to the customer’s personal preference. Nevertheless, there is something you should remember, as we know, a leaf rake is used to remove leaves from the ground with ease. If the quantity of leaves is large and if the leaves are water clogged the pressure applied to remove the leaves all together is high. Therefore, the handles incorporated should be of excellent quality and strength, we recommend that you consider purchasing a leaf rake that comes with metal handles, however, if you are not looking for a heavy duty leaf rake you could consider plastic handles instead.
Width of the rake head – A leaf rake serves the purpose of removing fallen leaves, stems, branches etc. When considered to other types of rakes a leaf rake is an intermediate heavy-duty rake that could easily remove the water clogged leaves and a large quantity of leaves. However, most of the people consider purchasing a leaf rake with a wider head; we recommend not doing this. A wider rake (28 to 32) inch could enable you to complete the task soon but the strain it will put on your body is not negligible. On the other hand, purchasing a rake with a too narrow head (7-15) inches will make the job longer and annoying especially if a large area is to be cleaned. Therefore, it is best recommended that you purchase a leaf rake with a width between 24-27 inches.
Distance between the tines – It would be a waste of time to explain how a leaf rake functions and how it enables the user to remove leaves. Nevertheless, it is important to know that the distance between the tines is very important as it defines the characteristics of the leaf rake. If the tines are too close and if you are using it in a lawn, it could easily uproot the plants, if the tines are wider and if the leaves are smaller, then the leaf rake could prove a waste. On the other hand, if you have a clear idea of the size of the leaves you need to move and then based on this fact purchase a leaf rake with an appropriate gap between the tines.
Overall length of the leaf rake – Leaf rakes on the market today come with different dimensions, each dimension of a leaf rake has o be considered if you need a good cleaning experience. If the leaf rake you purchase is too short or medium length, then using the leaf rake could put a lot of strain on your back. However, we recommend that you consider purchasing a leaf rake of an appropriate length, the appropriate length here refers to the length that enables the user to stand straight and use the leaf rake, which, in turn, gives only a negligible strain on his/her back (spine).
Grip – Majority of the people avoid this factor while purchasing a leaf rake, one of the main reasons is because they do not find it important. However, later regret it, yes the grips on the leaf rake handle is important unless you are planning on wearing gloves while using the rake. Not all leaf rakes come with grips on their handles, a grip on the handle could provide you more comfort and prevent blisters on your hand. Therefore, always consider purchasing a leaf rake that comes with grips on the handle or padded handles.
If you select the appropriate leaf rake from the market, the cleaning could be an easy task and the factors above will help you get the best. However, always remember, while using the leaf rake, take short breaks in between stretch your arms to avoid fatigue or cramps.
Cleaning a garden or a lawn is very important, consider purchasing a leaf rake and make your cleaning work easy.